03/27/2010 § 1 Comment
Where do you live?
How did you decide to start the line?
I was watching Meerkat Manor one day and said to myself “I could knit on of those”. I started with the little sitting meerkat (see photo right) . It took me a few days to work out how to make him stand up, and a while longer before they started wearing costumes!
What do you like to do when you’re not crafting?
03/23/2010 § 2 Comments
Today’s featured artist is MAB Jewelry who you can find on Etsy. One of my Twitter friends, she was one of two who entered my Etsy Buyer/Seller Challenge so I’m going to feature them both! I compiled a list of questions to get to know her better and I’ll include a few great pieces from her Etsy shop.
Each piece of MAB’s jewelry is handcrafted and one-of-a-kind, bridging styles from steampunk to modern, from vintage-inspired to gothic.
02/16/2010 § Leave a comment
It’s Tuesday yet again which means it’s time for my Etsy picks of the week.
You know by now that I have a serious fascination with cats and all animals really. So of course this Two Cats Blue Original Greeting Card caught my eye! Check out other works by Cat Can Paint including her really cool owls!
I know absolutely nothing about knitting or crochet but this is so cool I just had to feature! Green and Yellow Millefiori Beaded Scissor Fob by TJB Designs seem to be a really simple way to give your tools some bling! I’d think they would work with any tools! Lots of handy needlework accessories!
02/09/2010 § 6 Comments
Today’s Tuesday favorites are all members of this fab new group I’m in called World Wide Etsy Sellers. It’s such a great bunch of people totally dedicated to helping each other promote and share their Etsy wares.
We all know I have a serious addiction to all things black cat, so I of course love, love, love this painting by Purplecatscorner. “Fairy with Black Manx Cat” is so cute and measures 5″ x 7″. Lots of other cute things in her shop too!
02/04/2010 § 4 Comments
Hello everyone and please excuse my prolonged absence – I’ve been a bit under the weather and it has greatly inhibited my creativity.
So here it is Thursday and I’m back with a bang! I’ve come up with an idea that I think is pretty cool and I hope you do too!!
I’m calling it the Etsy Buyer/Seller Challenge and here are the (rough) guidelines.
1. Go find someone on Etsy who sells supplies that you use in your craft. Purchase said supplies. (To be fair about cost, as long as one of the things you use is bought via Etsy, it’s ok)
2. Post the link of what supplies you purchased in Comment section of this blog. (I will be creating a page just for entries).
3. Create something wonderful with those supplies you purchased on Etsy.
4. List the item in your own Etsy shop with buysellchallenge as a tag. Tweet the item on Twitter using #buysellchallenge and #etsy tags.
5. Post a link to your item in this blog entry.
6. Once I receive all the entries I will create a special edition blog and we’ll have a vote to see who wins! The prize (so far) is going to be a special featured artisan blog. If you would like to contribute additional incentives for folks to join (a feature on your blog, free beads, whatever) please let me know!
Extra points will be given for creativity, for example, buying something you normally wouldn’t and incorporating it in to your design, stepping “out of the box” with your overall design schematic,etc.
I know a lot of you already purchase your supplies on Etsy as I do myself. However, I rarely, if ever, submit photos to the seller of my completed work. I thought this would be a good way to not only showcase the “finished products” but also all the fine suppliers there are on Etsy. If you have recently purchased supplies this will also work, just please try to keep it recent (to be fair) and submit that link!
Lastly, I would advise trying to buy from someone relatively close to you so that you can receive the supplies within a week. I would like to have all submissions by March 4th and have voting commence on Wednesday the 8th.
Please feel free to submit questions, thoughts, issues, etc. Happy shopping and happy creating!!
02/01/2010 § Leave a comment
01/31/2010 § Leave a comment
Spring Rain – Blue and Green Czech Glass Druk Bracelet $10.00